In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 528
On this Board 319Record: 2268 (2/6/2013)
Online now 427Record: 3560 (6/2/2013)
You have no favorite boards.
I haven't been able to attend any practices and I have a few questions that i haven't seen discussed.
1. How are some of the reserve DL coming along, such as John Harris, Corvell Harrison-Gay, and Quay Evans? Any chance any of those guys will make a significant contribution this year?
2. How are some of the reserve OL coming along, such as Eric Lawson, Nick Redmond, Joey Trapp and Justin Senior?
3. I see a lot of discussion about different LBs betting reps, but am I correct in saying that the best three LBs regardless of position are Lawrence, Hughes, and Skinner? If not, who is?
4. Is there any RB that is showing signs of being the bell cow, or will it end up being RB by committee?
5. How are Robert Johnson, Devin Fossleman, Ricco Sanders, and Brandon Heavens doing? Has Sanders or Heavens made push for more playing time?
6. How do Rufus Warren and Brandon Hill look?
7. And Finally, have they been rolling out the red carpet for HS players at practice? Have they all had Big K and moonpies to make them "feel the love" at practice?
1. Quay Evans has been impressive when he is not winded; he is still working on his conditioning. Preston Smith is a young guy who I've been really impressed with.
2. Lawson and Redmond are running with the 3's. Senior is just learning the offense, but what little I have seen I was pleasantly surprised.
3. Lawrence and Skinner are 1a and 1 b. Then you have the next level of LB where there just isn't a lot of separation. Some days its McKinney, other days it could be Wells or Hughes.
4. Robinson, surprisingly, has been very durable. I do think you'll see a committee approach, but he has ran between the tackles very well and I wouldnt be surprised if he lead the team in carries.
5. Ricco hasn't been in the spotlight too much, but Robert Johnson and Heavens are doing really well. I think Johnson has turned the corner. Fossleman is back in the depth chart simply because of the experience ahead of him at his position.
6. Brandon Hill has been very impressive. He is definitely a viable threat in the passing game.
Yancy is like kudzu. You hate it, can't kill it, and is virtually worthless!
"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports