In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 333
Online now 315 Record: 3560 (6/2/2013)
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
From a Bama site: Enjoy.
- MSU averages 36.7 PPG. But the average scoring defense they've faced ranks 85th
- Statistically, the best defense MSU has faced is Auburn
- 4 of 7 MSU opponents have held MSU below their scoring average: Kentucky, Auburn, South Alabama, Troy
- MSU has scored above its average against UT (99th ranked defense), Jackson St, and MTSU (83rd defense)
- MSU averages allowing 14.4 ppg (9th). But the average scoring offense they've faced ranks 89th with 4 of them ranking 110th or worse
- MSU has only faced 1 top 50 scoring offense (Tennessee) and held them 3.4 points below their scoring average of 34.4
- Outside of Jackon St and MTSU, all other MSU opponents have lost at least 1 game by a larger margin than they lost to MSU. 3 of them have at least 2 losses by a wider margin.
- Sagarin ranks MSU's schedule at 119, Bamas at 26
- NCAA ranks Alabama's 61st and MSU's 98th
Don't come in here with facts man, you're being arrogant.
I guess we shouldn't even let the boys play. No point. Your statistics clearly show the game is already decided.
State only has to be better for 4 hours.
Our W's count the same as yours.
This post was edited by AlCoDog 18 months ago
i wonder what utah's sos was when they smoked yall?
Bama is the better team and program no doubt.
As State fans we are just proud of how far our program has come in the past 4 years.
As far as the SOS argument Bama's in only higher because y'all played a over hyped and oversated Michigan. Tou have to admit Michigan is bad. We killed them 2 yts ago in the Gator Bowl when mo one thought we would. You also skull drugged a Arkansas team with a QB that hadn't ever played before.
In reality I fully expect Bama to win. However I do believe this is the best team we have had since 98-99 and it want be by 24 points.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best. -
Do you guys notice any similarities in the offensive sets of Utah 2009 and State 2012?
Lucky for y'all that all of those players from that defense 4 years ago are coming back to play in the game.
We are screwed.
The Great Nick Saban has no clue on how to stop hurry up offense, thus the whining about it. If he can't get pressure with his front four, he's screwed. I don't expect Bama to win. I'm not bowing down to kiss his statue! I fully expect to win, i'm a competitor. i fully expect my team to fully expect to win. If you beat me, then i'll give you props. The game is not decided until the game has been played. This isn't match play golf, there aren't any gimme's coming from me. I'm not intimidated neither is my head coach! Go Dawgs! State 22 bama 18
Damn, your keen insight even eluded the bookies in Vegas...
Here are some stats for you:
Average defense Bama has faced is 68th
Average offense Bama has faced is 66th
MSU- ranks 1st
Bama- ranks 3rd
Total Yards Per game
MSU- 416 yds
Bama- 439 yds
MSU- Tied for 5th with 12 ints
Bama- Tied for 4th with 13 ints
Average Margin of victory-
Ranked teams beat
Passing Yards per game:
Rushing Yards per game
Points per Game
Russell- 122/203 60%; 1573 yards; 15 TDS
McCarron- 106/154 68.8%; 1476 yards; 16 TDs
Perkins- 125/724 yds; AVG 5.8; 8 TDs
Lacy- 99/570 yds; AVG 5.8; 7 TDs
Yeldon- 83/565 yds; AVG 6.8; 6 TDs
Bumphis- 29/479 YDS; AVG 16.5 yds; 6 TDs
Cooper- 28/425 YDS; AVG 15.2 yds; 5 TDs
This post has been edited 2 times, most recently by BehrDawg 18 months ago
Did you know that half of every team ever's opponents have held them below their scoring average? And they managed to score above their average against the other half of their opponents? It's called the definition of the word "average". Hahahaha, good to know almost any statistic can be manipulated to enhance one's argument! Carry on...
Inspiring. What # are you?
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports