In partnership with CBSSports.com
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Signing Day... "...I have no plans other than punching every Ole Piss fan that crosses my path and says something smartass." pdub0351
This is a great view of the downside the team has, many of these questions are quite valid, but I don't see any of the upside represented here. We need to look at both. There is a lot of things that could develop in our favor this year. Examples:
- Russell learns from his mistakes last year, gets back to 100% health and improves his game (e.g. quicker release and better decisions).
- The DL does step up and grow this year, not anywhere else to go but improve really.
- Chris Jones becomes an impact player and gives us a pass rushing threat we haven't had.
- Fred Ross is an immediate impact player, depth at receiver shows up as other players develop.
These are just a few examples, I could cite many more. I see a lot of upside with this team for next year and really look forward to seeing what they can accomplish. If I weigh the upside and the downside, things still look positive to me. The schedule is a challenge that's never going to change in this league.
And I do as well. However, after watching the product that Mullen, Koennig and Wilson put on the field the second half of the season with almost no attempt to adapt, make changes during the game, or from game to game, or even remotely try to put our guys in the best position to win, my confidence that some of these positives may not manifest themselves.
I hope I am wrong, but Mullen and this staff need to be doing a lot of reflection during the off season about what our identity is because we had did not have one.
My personal opinion on our identity:
1. Pound the damn rock with a stable of RBs to set up the pass. Quit this damn running a 190 pound Perkins between the tackles and 13 step drop passing plays.
2. Organized and utter chaos on defense. I want our defense to have piss and vinegar running through their veins. Quit this damn soft cushion, 15 yards off, no pressure getting, bend but dont break crap. Give me Dawg Pound rockin' 15 yard penalties (occasionally), head shots (occasionally) and a defense that plays with their hair on fire.
I may not be right, but we are paying Mullen way too much money to not even show up. And he did not even show up for a few games last year.
nobody "showed-up" after tenn - until we smelled blood w/ all of ark's TOs....like it or not - a sorry-assed permormance the last part of the season...jmho....tom
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports